Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wed, Nov 10th

Today was incredible! We went to a village called Masipumilele. The women there spoke mostly Cosa. And here is the incredible part, my table of women was called the "old lady club"!! You all know how my heart is with seniors! I had a wonderful time with them. They made there necklaces better than I ever could. The Masipumilele are extremely poor. The village consists of literally shacks and buildings practically falling down. But Living Hope Ministeries has a church in the center where they minister to the people. And later, the children came and they have like a daycare there and the volunteers do bible songs and stories with them. The tears were streaming as went drove through this village. The children run around everywhere, dogs practically starving, a huge rape problem-the boys & men just help themselves and there is no one to protect the women & girls. I have never personally experiences such poverty. Some of the women at my table were from Zulu and they ate with there hands. I served them their dinners and sacrificed mine between them also. I eat too much anyway. My table of ladies already knew the Lord but I just gave them my love and tried to spoil them.

1 comment: