Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday

Today was much different. We went to a community with extreme poverty called Red Hill. I was very affected by the sadness. Many tears were shed. It was shacks on top of each other. I lost it for a while until I realized that we were doing all that we could to help them. We ended up having our presentation outdoors with about 20 people- women, a few men and some children. Kelly couldn't do her usual presentation though because the man there said that women are not supposed to be the ministers. So we did it a little bit different. That is what is unique. Everyday is totally different then the day before. But each time we reach these hurting people some way. I feel so good about what we are doing.
Afterwords, we went to Simon Town to see the penguins. They were all over the beach. It was very cool. Then we stopped at a Craft Store where the HIV people make jewelry and the proceeds go to there cause. I bought a lot for Christmas presents.
We have been extremely busy but it's good because I don't have time to be homesick. We have a very good team. Everyone have gotten very close.
Love & miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment